The Prysmian FP200 Gold (formerly Pirelli FP200) is a highly durable and addressable, simple to terminate and install fire resistant cable. Approved for fire detection and fire alarm critical signal paths in BS5839-1:2002 'standard' application areas, voice alarm systems to BS5839-8:1998 (and 2006) and emergency lighting systems to BS5266-1:2005.
In addition to approvals to BS7629-1 and BS6387 Category CWZ FP200 Gold ® has received BASEC and LPCB approval to BS5839-1:2002 for 'standard' applications.
This includes approval to EN50200 Classification PH30 and the new integrated fire, shock and water test BS8434-1 for 30 minutes. FP200 Gold ® is also approved to EN 50200 classification PH60 as required by BS5266-1:2005.
FP200 Gold has excellent data / signal transmission characteristics making it ideal for voice alarm, addressable and networked systems.
Key Applications of FP 200
- Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings
- Voice alarm systems
- Emergency lighting
- Addressable systems
- Other essential service circuits
- Plain annealed copper solid (1.0 - 2.5mm2) or stranded (4.0mm2) circular conductor complying with BS6360 class 1 or class 2.
- High performance damage resistant Insudite TM
- British Standards type E15
- Laminated aluminium tape screen bonded to sheath and in contact with full size tinned annealed copper circuit protective conductor which provides automatic screen earthing.
- Robust thermoplastic LSOH sheath; Colour - white or red, other colours to special order. For external exposure the use of a white sheath is recommended.
The Prysmian FP200 Gold is now available to buy on-line - click the link for information or the highlighted core size below.
|Nominal cross sectional area
|Conceptual Construction||Mean overall diameter||Approx. cable weight
kg / km
|Max. conductor resistance at 20oC
ohms / km
|Current rating DC or single phase AC Enclosed Amps||Current rating DC or single phase AC Clipped direct Amps||Volt drop DC or single phase AC
mV / A / m
Two Core FP200
|1.0||1 / 1.13||8.0||78||18.1||13||15||44|
|1.5||1 / 1.38||8.1||93||12.1||16.5||19.5||29|
|2.5||1 / 1.78||9.5||140||7.4||23||27||18|
|4.0||7 / 0.85||11.6||195||4.6||30||36||11|
Three Core FP200
|1.0||1 / 1.13||8.2||88||18.1||13||15||44|
|1.5||1 / 1.38||8.4||116||12.1||16.5||19.5||29|
|2.5||1 / 1.78||10.4||180||7.4||23||27||18|
|4.0||7 / 0.85||12.3||248||4.6||30||36||11|
Four Core FP200
|1.0||1 / 1.13||8.5||107||18.1||13||15||44|
|1.5||1 / 1.38||10||143||12.1||16.5||19.5||29|
|2.5||1 / 1.78||11.9||225||7.4||23||27||18|
|4.0||7 / 0.85||13.5||310||4.6||30||36||11|
FP200 Gold ® is also available in multi-core versions (7,12 and 19 core configurations)
Minimum recommended installation temperature 0°C. Installation methods for current rating in accordance with BS7671 / IEE wiring regulations.
The tabulated ratings are based upon a 30°C ambient temperature and 70oC operating temperature
For other ambient temperatures or where cables are grouped together, appropriate rating factors should be applied.
All registered trademarks acknowledged.