The Danfoss 6000 Drive
This has now been
superceded by the FC102
Call or email Ray Hargreaves -
CSE's Danfoss Consultant
on 023 8063 3055
Danfoss VLT 6000 Inverter Drives
Now Superceded by the FC102
The Danfoss VLT 6000 HVAC provides unsurpassed performance, energy savings and improved control of HVAC systems.
The Danfoss VLT 6000 HVAC, dedicated to HVAC applications, provides unsurpassed performance, energy savings and improved control of HVAC systems – including interfacing with building management systems.
Precise control of temperature, pressure, and flow in HVAC applications result in the best environmental performance for building owners and operators.
- Technical Features
- Integrated RFI filters and DC link chokes.
- RFI filter meets domestic level standard
- Optional cards include fieldbus, Cascade pump control, additional relays etc.
Features and benefits
- 1.1 - 45 kW (200 - 240 V)
- 1.1 - 400 kW (380 - 460 V)
- 1.1 - 200 kW (525 - 600 V)
Easy to commission and use
If you know one drive you also know the others. A Quick Menu guides you easily through the limited programming work left for you to make the drive perfect for the job in your plant.
The VLT 6000 HVAC provides full control of the motor directly from the user interface. “HAND START” enables start and control of motor speed, “OFF” turns off the motor and “AUTO START” shifts control to digital inputs and/or serial communication.
Performance and energy saving
When it comes to using frequency converters in HVAC systems, it is mostly a question of obtaining ultimate energy savings. The VLT 6000 HVAC is designed with HVAC systems in mind. Consequently it contains a series of very useful dedicated functionalities for these applications, whereof a few are described below.
- The unique Danfoss Drives AEO function (Automatic Energy Optimizer), makes it possible to save up to additional 5-10% on the energy bill. This function optimises the magnetising current to the motor according the specific load. Consequently valuable energy is saved and not wasted on heating up the air around the motor.
- The VLT 6000 also offers a sleep mode function for increased energy savings in HVAC systems. If a pump or fan is running at low speed and not really contributing to controlled parameter, e.g. temperature, pressure etc. it is turned off automatically. When the system calls for energy, the drive starts up the motor again.
- In HVAC systems, resonance can occur between the pump/fan and the cabinet it resides in, e.g. an air handling unit. The problem typically occurs at a few specific frequencies. It creates a lot of noise and can eventually cause damage to the components. This problem is avoided using the frequency bypass function in the VLT 6000 HVAC, where the drive can be programmed to bypass up to 4 frequencies.
- For pump OEM’s Danfoss Drives offers a new unique feature called Sensorless Pump Control. This feature enables the drive to control pressure in a water system without using a pressure transmitter. This saves costs for the pump manufacturer in commissioning and direct costs in transmitter, installation etc.
RFI filter and harmonic suppression
The VLT 6000 has built-in RFI-filters for the entire product range complying with EN55011, class A and 1B. Consequently there is no need for costly and space consuming external filters.
A frequency converter generates harmonic distortion of the AC power line. A VLT 6000 HVAC has built-in DC link reactors, which reduces the harmonic distortion to around 40%. For instance, this reduces cable dimensions substantially. The VLT 6000 HVAC complies with IEC 61000-3-2 and 61000-3-4 as well as VDE 0160 as to harmonic distortion.
For further reduction in the harmonic distortion, Danfoss offers external passive 5% and 10% current distortion filters (AHF 005/010).
VLT 6000 Series - 380 / 460V - 3 Phase 50/60Hz
|VLT Type||Typical Shaft Output (Kw)||Cont. Output Current (Amps @ 380 / 415v||Bookstyle IP20||Compact IP20||Compact IP54|
For voltages in the range 440 / 460V the continuous output currents will be lower
RFI filters are fitted as standard, which ensures compliance to 1st Environment of EMC Power Drive Systems - Standard EN61800-3
VLT6152-6352 can be supplied as an extended version
VLT6152-6550 can be supplied with disconnect switch and fuses
Danfoss VLT 6000 General Options
|Part Number||Description||Used on VLT:|
|175Z7804||LCP keypad / display (IP.65 Front face)||All|
|175Z0850||Remote mounting kit for LCP - including 3 m cable||All - IP.00 & 20)|
|175Z7802||Remote mounting kit for LCP||IP54|
|175Z0929||cable for LCP - 3 m (also included in remote kit)||All (IP00 & 20)|
|175Z7803||Relay option card||All|
|Relay option card - coated||All|
|Cascade controller - coated||All|
|175Z7800||Profibus option card - including memory option||All|
|175Z2905||Profibus option card - including memory option and coated||All|
|176F1515||Lonworks card, free topology including memory option||All|
|176F1521||Lonworks card, free topology including memory and coated option||All|
|176F1516||Lonworks card, 78 Kbps - including memory option||All|
|176F1522||Lonworks card, 78Kbps inc memory and coated option||All|
|176F1517||Lonworks card, 1.25Mbps including memory option||All|
|176F523||Lonworks card, 1.25Mbps including memory option and coated option||All|
|Covers / Plates / Terminal Kits|
|175H4195||NEMA 12 bonding plate (380 / 460V version)||6002 - 6006|
|175Z4622||IP20 Terminal cover kit (380 / 460v version)||6016 - 6042|
|175Z4623||IP20 Terminal cover kit (380 / 460v version)||6052 - 6062|
|176F1800||IP20 Bottom cover (380 / 460v version)||6060 - 6100|
|176F1801||IP20 Bottom cover (380 / 460v version)||6125 - 6275|
|176Z0928||IP 4X top Cover||6002 - 6011|
|175Z7806||Blind cover for IP00 and IP20||All|
|176F1805||Terminal adaptor kit||6075 - 6125 IP20|
|176F1808||Terminal adaptor kit||6075-6125 IP54|
|176F1811||Terminal adaptor kit||6150 - 6275|
|176F1815||Terminal adaptor kit||6350 - 6550 EX|
Note : where indicated, the options are suitable for the range of VLTs shown for 3 x 380 / 460 v supply voltage - (For options for supply voltages 3 x 200 / 220V - contact us).