The Danfoss VLT® Micro Drive is a genuine VLT® frequency converter with unsurpassed reliability, user-friendliness, condensed functionality, and extremely easy to commission. Terminal numbers are named in the same manner as in the rest of the VLT® family. It’s developed and manufactured by Danfoss Drives, the leading drives experts since 1968 and creators of VLT® – The Real Drive.
- VLT Micro Drive share the user-friendliness of the VLT family.
- Plug and play – minimum effort minimum time
- Minimum Commissioning – save time
- Copy settings via local control panel – simple set up of multiple drives
- Intuitive parameter structure – minimal manual reading
VLT Micro Drive is a full member of the VLT® family sharing the overall quality of design, reliability and user-friendliness.
High quality components and genuine VLT® solutions makes VLT® Micro Drive extremely reliable.
- Optimum heat dissipation – Longer lifetime
- High quality electronics/capasitors – Low lifetime cost
- All drives full load tested from factory – High reliability
- Earth fault, temperature and short circuit protection – Lean operation
- Circuit boards well protected and coated – Increased robustness
Small drive – high performance
Despite the compact size and the easy commissioning, VLT® Micro Drive can be set up to perform perfectly even in complex application set-ups. Approximately 100 parameters can be set to optimize energy efficiency and operation.
- Process PI-controller – No need for external controller
- Automatic Energy Optimizer (AEO) – Less energy consumption
- Automatic Motor Adaptation (AMA) – Exploit motor’s full potential
- 150% motor torque up to 1 minute – Replace need for bigger drive
- Flying start (catch a spinning motor) – Lean operation – more up-time
- Electronic Thermal relay (ETR) – Replace external motor protection
- Smart Logic Controller – Often makes PLC ommissible
- Built-in RFI filter – Save cost and space
Real space saving side-by-side
A compact book style design allows real side by side mounting without derating.
Minimum penetration of dust
VLT® MICRO Drive is designed to keep the forced ventilation away from the electronics. Printed circuit boards are well protected inside the drive.
Radio disturbance from motor cables is limited with the built-in RFI filter allowing for 15 m motor cables (screened). Meets EU norms.
Built-in brake functions
With built in DC and AC brake functions, VLT® Micro Drive can transform kinetic energy in the application into braking power to slow down the motor. A brake chopper is built-in the drives from 1.5 kW upwards.
Coated electronics are standard
All VLT® Micro Drive comes with coated electronics for longer lifetime and reliability.
Energy efficiency 98%
High quality VLT® power modules ensure cool running of the drive due to low losses.
Intelligent heat management
Process heat is removed through the heat sink, leaving electronics protected from dust and dirt from production.
Effective heat sink
An effective heat sink easily removes heat from the electronics, extending lifetime and reliability of the drive.
50˚ ambient temperature
Highly efficient cooling allows up to 50˚ ambient temperature.
- LCP without potentiometer IP 54
- LCP with potentiometer IP 21
- Remote mounting kit
- LCP copy function
- Parameter numbers and values visible simultaneously
- Unit indications (A., V, Hz, RPM, %, s, HP and kW)
- Rotation direction indication
- Setup indication – 2 setup
- Removable during operation
- Up- and download functionality
Large figures, easy to read
- Display readable from distance
- Operation buttons areilluminated when active.
- A Danfoss defined Quick Menu
- Basic settings
- PI controller
- Based on the well-known matrix from the VLT® family
- Easy shortcut for the experienced user
- Edit and operate in different set-ups simultaneously
Built-in Smart Logic Controller
The smart logic controller is a simple, and yet very clever way to have your drive, motor and application working together.
The smart logic controller is able to monitor any parameter that can be characterized as “true” or “false”.
This includes digital commands and also logic expressions, which allows even sensor outputs to influence the operation. Temperature, pressure, flow, time, load, frequency, voltage and other parameters combined with the operators “>”, “<”, “=”, “and” and “or” forms logic expressions that are false or true.
That is why Danfoss calls it a “logic” controller. As a result of this, you can program the controller to react on literally any event.
For more specifications, please download the Acrobat
Danfoss Micro Drive Specification Sheet
FC51 Ordering Information
|Power||Current||1 phase||3 phase||Current||3 Phase|
|0.37||2.2||132F 0002||132F 0009||1.2||132F 0017|
|0.75||4.2||132F 0003||132F 0010||2.2||132F 0018|
|1.5||6.8||132F 0005||132F 0012||3.7||132F 0020|
|2.2||9.6||132F 0007||132F 0014||5.3||132F 0022|
|4.0||Micro drives from 1.5kW and uphave built in brake chopper||9.0||132F 0026|
VLT Control Panel LCP 11 : WIthout potentiometer : 132B0100
VLT Control Panel LCP 12 : With potentiometer : 132B0101