The ABB ACS580 general purpose drive is 0.75 to 500kW and available now from CSE Distributors. This new range of drives which are superseding the ACS550 drives can be installed either in cabinet installations or wall mounted for simple control processes.
ABB has set the drive up to work across a number of industries with the control panel’s settings menu enabling a quick and smart way to put the drive into commission quickly. The set up assistants and in built essential features means there is little requirement for additional hardware and ready to control pumps, fans, conveyors, mixers and other variable and constant torque applications.
ACS580 Wall Mounted Drive
The wall-mounted drives are available with IP21, as well as IP55, UL Type 12 protection class which is designed for applications exposed to dust, moisture, vibrations, and other harsh environments. The very compact IP55 protection over the whole power range is optimized to match the size of IP21 drives, with only depth increasing. The IP55 drive provides significant savings in space, maintenance, engineering, material costs, as well as in setup and commissioning time.
ACS580 Panel Installations
The ACS580 drive module for cabinet installations extends the effortless energy efficiency and simplicity in drive operation to broader power range. The module features a robust IP00 construction, an advanced pedestal system and ramp for quick and easy cabinet installation, resulting in reduced setup and commissioning time. As all the essential features are built into the drive module as standard, the need for external components, extra cabling and space requirements is reduced to minimum.
Key ACS580 Features
- Simple to select and install – the drives have build in EMC filters, Modbus RTU fieldbus interface, safe torque off
- Simple to use control panel – the menu lets you set the drive up quickly
- Start up and maintenance tools – Drive composer PC tool for startup, configuration, monitoring and fine tuning your process
- Access drive information anywhere with remote monitoring via NETA-21
- Connection to PC via a standard USB
- Communicates with all major automation networks and optional fieldbus adapters
- Standard interfaces and built in slot for additional input / output extension modules
- Energy efficiency – energy optimiser and efficiency information for ongoing energy saving
Ratings, Types & Voltages Information
|3-phase, UN = 380, 400, 415 V|
|Nominal ratings||Maximum output current||Light-overload use||Heavy-duty use||Type designation||Frame size|
If you require more power and flexibility, then the ACS880 industrial drives are the next step. Whatever your requirements, please contact our drives specialist Pat Davey for expert advice.
Click for ABB’s ACS580 PDF Catalog.