The Danfoss VLT® Midi Drive FC 280 is an evolution of the popular VLT2800 drive and delivers flexible and efficient motor control for use in a wide variety of automation and machine-building applications in the food and beverage, material handling and processing industries. As it has evolve from the 2800 it is fully prepared for compatibility for a fast streamlined retrofit.
This medium-power-range drive is strong on control performance and functional safety and offers flexible fieldbus communication. Space requirements and costs can be reduced thanks its compact design and integrated functionality such as DC chokes, RFI filters, Safe Torque Off (STO) and brake choppers.
VLT Midi Drive is prepared for compatibility with the VLT® 2800. Its exterior dimensions, cable plugs, cable lengths and set-up software tools enable easy retrofit in established plant or machinery concepts.
Supply voltages and power range
- 1 x 200-240 V…0.37-2.2 kW
- 3 x 200-240 V…0.37-3.7 kW
- 3 x 380-480 V…0.37-22 kW
Features and benefits
- Easy and fast installation and set-up
- Cost savings thanks to integrated functionality
- No need for extra cooling equipment or to oversize the drive as it is designed to operate at 45–50°C ambient temperature at full load and 55°C with derating
- Power supply quality improved and DC capacitor lifetime extended due to integrated DC choke
- Panel space savings thanks to compact design