- Use company software to place back-to back orders and forward order stock for optimum availability
- Negotiate discount and special pricing where appropriate for optimum cost advantage
- Keep sales team informed of delivery issues and anticipate logistics issues
- Create stock records and maintain 20,000 product database to ensure error-free operation
- Regularise supplier returns to minimise build-up of slow-moving products
- Develop reporting to calculate and set min / max stock ROLs
- Assist sales team at busy times with customer enquiries andÂ order generation/fulfilment
Applicant Key Competencies
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately, not chatty or verbose. Maintains standard in all communications including email
- Does not let important details slip… methodical and accurate
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Effectively plans approach to negotiations, works out strategy and calculates best, likely and minimum outcomes. Carries out negotiation effectively and maintains relationships while achieving positive outcome.
- Able to quickly learn and efficiently use company systems, comfortable with technology, able to interrogate and report on data, update and maintain information
Applicant Specifications – Essential
- Track record of organisational development, delivering real performance improvements within an agreed strategy.
- Authoritative in negotiation – makes positive impression quickly, and has excellent communication skills in person, orally and in writing.
- Technical skills gained from years of experience in the procurement industry
Applicant Specifications – Ideal
- A sound degree, HND or HNC in a technical discipline and evidence of educational success
- An engineering background and/or experience in electrical engineering
- Previous work experience within a major electrical components supplier
- Easily commutable to Bourne End
In the first instance, please send your C.V.