Cutler Hammer has developed probably the world's most compact range of high specification soft starts which are suitable for Industrial Applications such as: Conveyors, Mixers, Cranes and Hoists. These Soft starters are ultra-compact, easy-to-program and easy to install. New design incorporates the soft starter, run bypass contactor and overload into a single easy-to-use unit. In contrast a star-delta starter uses 3 or 4 contactors, a timer, a separate overload, mechanical interlock and auxiliaries and requires wiring together. IT Soft Starts are IEC, UL, CSA, EN Certified and CE Marked EMC/LV Directive
- Full 3-phase SCR control.
- Fully rated Integral Run/Bypass Contactor.
- Micro controller based Integral Solid State Overload:
- Phase Loss and current unbalance protection, user selectable.
- Selectable trip class; 10, 20 or 30.
- Ambient compensation.
- Motor Temperature protection & thermal memory at Power-up.
- Running Motor thermal capacity utilisation indication.
- 24V DC control (a safe reliable global standard)
- Unique bypass contactor coil controller provides low coil energy consumption.
- Wide operating temperature range (-40 to +50 deg. Celcius)
- Din Rail or Panel Mounting with highly accessible mounting tabs
- Easy field assembly of control wiring with removable locking terminal block.
- Front mounted auxiliary interlocks.
- Long life bypass contacts provide excellent conductivity and starter efficiency.
- Seven segment display for status and fault indication.
- Selectable Manual, Remote or Auto reset.
- Phase Reversal
- Shorted SCR Protection
- Vastly reduced Heat - Smaller Enclosure Size
- Remote Mounting of Control Panel Option
List prices shown below for all sizes up to 420amp
We offer technical advice on product selection on most applications.
Send your enquiry to Technical Sales
Also Available: Extended Ramp time units (0.5 - 360 sec's) & Pump Control Option, Pump Stop (0 - 60 secs).
The Control voltage for these Cutler Hammer Soft Starters must be in the range 20-28v DC. To meet the required sealed in and inrush characteristics Cutler Hammer recommend the following Power Supplies:
Recommended POWER SUPPLIES
Larger sizes available - Multiple Starters may be used with one Power Supply as long as the P/S has the Peak and Continuous wattage capacity required whilst maintaining specified output voltage